Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Little Rocco, The Dog (In English and Spanish)


Letter Three to my Mother

He lays in the morning sun, Little Rocco (the dog), he's looking at me like he's my son, or wants to be; eyes calm, brown, clear. He's a tinge plump, his stomach is pumping away, his ears twitching as he soaks up the sun, he now closes his eyes, as his ear swats a fly. The green grass is cool under him I suppose, among the drooping warm sun, high up here in the mountains, it almost lays on top of you. He now gets up, hides under a bush, it's all too, too much for him. His life mother, has just begun, he's three months old. I suppose, he is a two year old, in our time; he's in the spring of life, myself, like you were, I'm in the beginning of winter (I think he knows this).

No: 2125 (12-23-2007)

Spanish Version

El Pequeño Rocco (El Perro) Tercera Carta a mi Madre

Él se tira en el sol de la mañana, el pequeño Rocco (el perro), él me está mirando como si fuera mi hijo, o queriendo serlo; sus ojos tranquilos, marrones, claros. Él es un poquito gordo, su estómago está sobresaliendo, sus orejas se mueven mientras él se tuesta en el sol, él ahora cierra sus ojos, mientras sus orejas espantan a una mosca. El pasto verde es fresco debajo de él yo supongo, con el caliente sol saliente, aquí en las alturas de la sierra, el sol casi está encima de ti. Él ahora se levanta, se esconde bajo un arbusto, todo esto es mucho, demasiado para él. Su vida, mi amada mamá, acaba de empezar, él tiene tres meses de edad. Supongo, que él tiene dos años de edad en nuestro tiempo: él está en la primavera de la vida, yo, como tú lo estabas, estoy en el comienzo del invierno (creo que él conoce esto)

# 2125 (23-Diciembre-2007)

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

No comments: